Parents and community members are invited to this FREE event to discuss the ‘hard to talk about‘ topics of death, suicide and mental health.
Hard Talk Helps is a collaborative project between YouthCARE Augusta Margaret River Region Chaplains and Laurissa Knowles.
Join us for a facilitated discussion with Laurissa, a passionate and experienced grief counsellor, psychologist and educator and Jacquie Tarrant, the Suicide Postvention Coordinator for St John of God South West Community Alcohol and Drug. Supported by Mindful Margaret River and the HEART.
At the first event we aim to support you with;
• How to talk safely about suicide with children,
• Practical tips to support children bereaved by suicide from early childhood to teens,
• How to support children through grief,
• Strategies to support young people in processing grief,
• How to identify when you need more help,
• Local resources and support agencies in the Augusta Margaret River region.
Come early to catch up with other parents and carers.
For more information call Marg: 0417 176 756
For tickets register here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/hard-talk-helps-tickets-194256044057
Please feel free to print and share our flyer HTH flyer 2021