The St John of God Social Outreach, Suicide Prevention Coordinator program is pleased to bring the Mindframe Plus program and training to the South West region.
Tuesday 26 July 2022
9.00am to 12.00pm (AWST)
Please share this with your networks, particularly people working in the media area e.g. communications or marketing officers or those responsible for social media, websites, newsletters etc. A separate workshop will be delivered by Mindframe directly to journalists and the media.
Registrations via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/346984147927
The focus of Mindframe Plus is to help individuals and organisations be better prepared for responding to suicide incidents or proactive suicide prevention communications.
Mindframe’s support provides evidence-based knowledge and context surrounding safe and responsible ways to communicate to groups of people when responding to an incident while minimising harm on vulnerable people or those bereaved by suicide.
Aims of the Mindframe Plus online workshop include:
- To ensure strong application of Mindframe guidelines
- To support local organisations and sectors to build collaborative relationships
- To support local organisations and sectors that work with the media
- To reduce risk of inappropriate reporting and communications
- To empower local stakeholders to make informed decisions with suicide prevention messages
- To assist in coordination of media strategies and communication protects
Please note: This training is NOT gatekeeper or crisis intervention training.