Financial help

It is normal to feel worried, anxious or down when times are hard. Job insecurity, redundancy, debt and financial problems can all cause emotional distress.  

Financial counsellors are skilled professionals. They will listen to your problems and help you with things like: bills or fines you’re struggling to pay. There are impartial professionals offering a free services who will help provide solutions to support you in your time of need

Anglicare at the Margaret River Community Centre 
They can help you to:

  • Make assessments of financial situations
  • Provide information and options to address financial problems
  • Assist with resolutions if necessary
  • Advocate and negotiate with creditors
  • Make referrals to other useful services in the community
  • Provide information about government assistance
  • Support clients to develop their own budget
  • Relay relevant information about consumer credit and bankruptcy

Phone: 9720 9200
Hours: 9am – 1pm, Thursdays or Fridays by appointment
Cost: Free

St Vincent de Paul at the Margaret River Community Centre
Phone: 0447 456 647
Hours: every second Monday by appointment
Cost: Free

Tax Help at the Margaret River Community Centre
Registered Tax Help Volunteers will help with linking ATO with your My Gov and lodging tax returns online for those with simple tax returns and earnings $60,000 or less.
Phone: 9757 3200
Hours: 9am – 1pm, Mondays and Tuesdays by appointment
Cost: Free

Rural West
Government funded organisation that offers free financial counselling for businesses experiencing hardship.

For small business owners that are struggling, there is free and confidential mental health support developed by Beyond Blue
Phone:  1300 945 301 or online via link.

National Debt Helpline
1800 007 007

Crisis payment for extreme circumstances – family and domestic violence
Contact the Department of Human Services within 7 days of a change in residence/circumstances due to family and domestic violence to find out if you are eligible for extra financial support in this transition.
Centre link Families Line Phone: 136 150